Accomodation on the conference (was: Re: [ox] Re: [ox-en] Theses about the relation between the Oekonux project and the remaining world)

Hi ThomasUG!

Today Thomas Uwe Gruettmueller wrote:
On the first Oekonux conference, I was in a group of about 15
people, spending the nights in an office. Most of us brought
sleeping bags and isolation mats (one had an air matrace, and
one didn't bring a mat at all, just a sleeping bag, in order to
save package). The atmosphere in the group was overwhelmingly
nice, just as the rest of the conference was. One night, Ulli
(Chillzwerg), Steffen (the guy with the DAT recorder) and me
were sitting at the table, continuing the discussion of the day
until I finally could not keep my eyes open any longer. So, on
that day, the conference did not really end.

:-)

On the contrary, after the concert at the second conference, I
was riding alone in the subway to the youth hostel at the other
end of the town, together with a drunken pervert and his er...
'girl friend'. I was so glad when he finally noticed that he was
riding into the wrong direction. In other words: on the second
conference, I experienced less social bindings and almost no
discussions outside the pre-structured timetable. So, I think
the absence of mass accomodation was a big loss.

:-(

If you liked it perhaps you can help organizing that? I mean it would
suffice if there were a location which is explicitly marked as *the*
youth hostel / cheap hotel (it need not be a bureau I guess ;-) ) for
everybody who wants to feel the community until his/her body calls for
its right? I guess this can be organized on-line completely.

						Mit Freien Grüßen

						Stefan