[ox] Online survey "Fun and Software Development"

Hi!

The following mail reached me through one of the Free Software
projects I'm involved in.

I consider this research project *absolutely* interesting! It goes to
the core of Oekonux theory and it will be absolutely interesting to
see it's results - and also the comparsion to commercial development
(i.e. proprietary or Single Free Software). Actually if I had the
chance to set up a research project this topic would be top on the
list.

I contacted Benno and he wants wide distribution. The more answers the
better so statistics can work. Therefore: More distribution is
welcome.

						Mit Freien Grüßen

						Stefan

--- 8< --- 8< --- 8< --- 8< --- 8< --- 8< --- 8< --- 8< --- 8< --- 8< ---

Dear Open Source developer

I am doing a research project on "Fun and Software Development" in
which I kindly invite you to participate.

You will find the online survey under http://fasd.ethz.ch/qsf/. The
questionnaire consists of 53 questions and you will need about 15
minutes to complete it.

With the FASD project (Fun and Software Development) we want to define
the motivational significance of fun when software developers decide
to engage in Open Source projects. What is special about our research
project is that a similar survey is planned with software developers
in commercial firms. This procedure allows the immediate comparison
between the involved individuals and the conditions of production of
these two development models. Thus we hope to obtain substantial new
insights to the phenomenon of Open Source Development.

With many thanks for your participation,
Benno Luthiger

PS: The results of the survey will be published under
    http://www.isu.unizh.ch/fuehrung/blprojects/FASD/.

    We have set up the mailing list fasd webboard.ethz.ch for this
    study. Please see http://fasd.ethz.ch/qsf/mailinglist_en.html for
    registration to this mailing list.

Benno Luthiger
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
8092 Zurich

Mail: benno.luthiger(at)id.ethz.ch