[ox] Rollen in der Community - Open Source Awards

Auf der OSCON wurde erstmals eine OSCAR-ähnliche Ehrungszeremonie
abgehalten. Interessant ist die Herausbildung typischer Rollenbilder. Kann
mir jemand den genauen Unterschied von Diplomat und Integrator erklären?

++++++++++++++++++

"At this evening's OSCON Tuesday Night Extravaganza Google and O'Reilly
came together to begin the first of an annual Open Source Awards to honor
five open source people whose contributions over the past year have been
exceptional in five categories: Communicator, Evangelist, Diplomat,
Integrator, and Hacker."

The (rough) transcript of the awards:

1. Communicator:

This recipient is the most natural choice for this award. He defined the
Cluetrain and hasn't gotten off since.

Whether in his weblogs, his various columns, audio programs, or during
speaking engagements he always provides the daily play by play as well as
the deep insights into the open source way in the most broken down and
layman terms possible.

We don't know when he ever sleeps, but we're glad he's on the front line
of discussions both with us and those who wish to know us better.

Ladies, and Gentlemen our Communicator award goes to Doc Searls.

2. Evangelist:

Sometimes its easy to evangelize for a great product, but then some of us.
like our next recipient simply take on a second project just to keep
things interesting. Our next award recipient has done just that.

During the day he tirelessly sings the praises of Ubuntu and at night does
the the same with the Gnome project.

Jeff Waugh for (Ubuntu/Gnome)

3. Diplomat:

When a company doesn't listen to your pleas sometimes you have to route
around them. This award winner has done just that with Sun and Java.

Instrumental in beginning the Harmony and Geronimo projects at the Apache
Software Foundation, he has boot strapped the building blocks key to an
Open-Source-Java's future success.

Geir Magnusson Jr

4. Integrator:

One person was able to get Python, Perl & PHP people to all agree on
something. No small feat. They all agreed on the success of SQlite, and
began using it in earnest by being small as well as extremely fast for all
the most common database functions. Our server budgets also thank you.

Dr Richard Hipp (SQLite)

5. Hacker:

Prior to this year the term MVC was low on many people's radar because so
many applications that claimed to follow the Model-View-Controller model
failed to live up to the simplicity and joy of use often implied and
sometimes promised.

With help from Ruby, our recipient put together an application that began
delivering on that promise and captured the hearts of many web application
designers in the process.

To underscore this achievement Agile Development with Ruby on Rails, a
book covering the subject of Ruby on Rails, sold more than 10,000 copies
before it was even complete.

David Heinemeier Hansson (Ruby on Rails)

Kontakt: projekt oekonux.de