Message 00121 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[ox-de-work] Re: [ox-de-raw] Re: [ox-de] Burda goes open source fashion - do they?

! approve

On 2007-02-11 18:54, graham wrote:
Franz Nahrada wrote:
Zwei junge Designerinnen von Burda, Nora Abousteit und Benedikta
Kara, haben ihren Chef von einer Open Source Politik überzeugt.
Two young fashion designers of Burda have convinced their boss to
support Open Source fashion and introduce Open Source Patterns.
They coexist with proprietary patterns in an unclear way....

http://www.burdastyle.com/

I wonder if anybody can do serious research on the implications of
this and the dynamics! I did not find any protection and
aggregation mechanism like GPL for "open source sewing patterns" so
far

I tried looking at this in the 90s - there was already a long history
of clashes between a sharing design culture and magazines who would
provide forums and other support and then claim ownership of the
designs. Here's a typical story from the USA:

--
Start here: www.meretz.de

[English translation]
Message 00121 [Homepage] [Navigation]