DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER

Die hier archivierte Mail kann, muss sich aber nicht auf den Themenkomplex von Oekonux beziehen.

Insbesondere kann nicht geschlossen werden, dass die hier geäußerten Inhalte etwas mit dem Projekt Oekonux oder irgendeiner TeilnehmerIn zu tun haben.

DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER

Message 02484 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[chox] Open Source / Free GIS

This effort represents an attempt to build a complete index of Open Source / Free GIS related software projects. The effort has some way to go, especially for projects in languages other than English. The definition of GIS has been kept loose to encompass a broad range of projects which deal with spatial data.

If you know of other sites that should be listed please tell me about them. More importantly if I have made any errors in characterizing a project, let me know: bglewis<at>gmail.com.

This effort stands on the sturdy shoulders of other projects, most notably OSRS <http://remotesensing.org> , FreeGIS.org <http://freegis.org>, Metalab Linux Archive <http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/>, and Fresh Meat.net <http://freshmeat.net>.

Descriptive text gathered from the project site is in quotes. Almost all of these projects fit the definition of Open Source Software as defined by the Open Source Initiative <http://opensource.org>, and most of them fit the stricter definition of Free Software as defined by the Free Software Foundation <http://www.fsf.org/>.

Contact: projekt oekonux.de

[English translation]
Message 02484 [Homepage] [Navigation]