Date:  Tue, 7 Aug 2001 14:04:25 [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED]
From:  "geert" <geert basis.desk.nl>
Subject:  Dell opts out of linux
To:  "stefan merten" <smerten oekonux.de>

DELL DROPS LINUX ON PCs
Dell Computer says it no longer will offer the option of installing Linux
on its PCs, citing lack of consumer enthusiasm for the alternative
operating system. "We started offering it about a year ago in
anticipation
of spill-over demand from servers," says a Dell spokeswoman. "But we've
seen pretty flat demand." Dell will continue to offer workstations and
servers featuring Linux software from Red Hat. (Reuters 2 Aug 2001)
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010802/tc/tech_dell_linux_dc_2.html

------- End of Forwarded Message