[ox] interessanter Artikel zu "Intellectual Property"

Electronic Policy Network

Can the Information Commons Be Saved?
From: Center for Arts and Culture
By David Bollier
29. August 2001

Format: pdf, zugänglich über

http://www.epn.org/whatsnew/full_cite/1330.html

"In unprecedented ways, a range of industries is
using new technologies, expansive intellectual property rights
and market consolidation to convert a great
landscape of free, publicly accessible information
into privately controlled markets.

This is forging a radically new architecture
 for the flow of information in our society.

It is determining who can access, use, and
share different genres of information, and
under what terms.

 It is no exaggeration to say that the future
character of our polity, markets, education,
and culture is being profoundly shaped by the
 new technologies and public policies, especially
 intellectual property law. Yet there has been
 remarkably little inquiry, broad public debate
or sustained public-interest representation on
these fundamental issues."

unbedingt empfehlenswert.

fn