Re: [ox] Fwd: Werthaltigkeit von Informationsguetern

* Stefan Meretz <stefan.meretz hbv.org> [2003-10-26 11:42]:
On Friday 03 October 2003 15:24, Holger Weiss wrote:
But I have no idea why cleaning the factory floor or _producing_
software should not create value.

You have to repeat cleaning the factory floor during ongoing production
due to "physical depreciation" (floor is getting dirty), while you only
have to produce software once for potentially endless use.

Wir drehen uns im Kreis.

As I said in the same posting, that's a difference regarding value
production that I _do_ see between soft- and hardware, and it's
certainly an important distinction. However, I tried to also point out
why I believe that the conclusion that work necessary for creating
software doesn't count as value creating labour isn't very convincing.
The fact that the product can potentially be used "endlessly" certainly
has consequences regarding the _circulation_ of it's value. But stating
that it's _production_ doesn't create value seems to ignore the fact
that nevertheless labour is necessary to create software in exactly the
same sense as labour is necessary to create a car. Since you must admit
that work _is_ necessary to create software, your only chance is to
simply assert that this work does not create value -- for no good reason
but simply due to the nature of it's product.

A real explanation of this would have to sufficiently explain both the
production and the circulation of products that do not depreciate
physically.

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE