Re: [ox] Rules and alienation

Christoph Spehr writes:

Maybe this is exactly the leading question for any free society. How does
a society look like, where you can fork the state? And how do we get
there?

Good question, Christoph.

But I would support the point of Stephan Meretz.
With him I would like to define the state as "the thing you cannot fork".
(without losing the basic reliabilty of life)
Maybe it leads us to new perspectives in political theory:
Because if you take this definition serious, it shows the confusion of
existing politics.

Rather this is the original idea and concept of res publica. The base, the
bottomline, the final agreement, the protection of the ones who want to
safeguard their freedom against the silent ignorance of customs and
groupminds.

We might then reformulate the question: Is there anything underneath the
capitalist state? Some basic rationality, some "enlightment" ? And if so:
how can we separate one from the other??

I am more and more asuming there is. For example you can fork a lot, but
not the basic rule of forking. So another good definition of the state is
perhaps that it is the universal condition of self-determination. That is
what makes it strong and creates its support.

Lots has been said against this. The political theory of the
value-critical German left analyses the state as the
"abstract political will of valueholders executed by a forceful and
separate institution" and representative Democracy as its ideal form,
showing us permanently the unbearable "cost of freedom". And the Krisis
people are working hard on the exposure of the inner relation between
enlightment and violence.

This has brought us a lots of insight. But it has also cut us off of the
central question of how a society of free individuals can be organised aka
OHA....Now with all the exciting changes we are going through and for
which Oekonux is the forum to discuss the question appears in a new form.
I think that "forking the state" is part of the answer, but not the final
answer. Forking means always: hurting. So how do we put things together
again?

So many questions.

FN