Re: [ox] ox-wikis + pps + MeatBall

Am 1 Mar 2006, um 15:08 hat Karl Dietz geschrieben:

klaro auch von anderen hier. denn es sind aktuell meist folgende
six (!) ox-folks die sich da schreibend tummeln: franz, hgg, holger,
k.dz, s.ma, s.mn - und dann noch helmut, _der_ wiki-experte und
alfred fresin, der autor von BVW - sorry, falls ich jemand vergessen
haben sollte.

Kontakt: projekt oekonux.de

lg k.

ps-tipp wg p./.p
keep cool. es bringt nix, sich in diesen dingen aufzuregen. gar nix.

pps. & diese pp-theorie runtergeschraubt to the almost maximum:
juristen sind böse - bäcker sind gut - :))

Kontakt: projekt oekonux.de

noch was spannendes in sachen wiki: meat ball - das ist
sozusagen cream of the crop in sachen wikis. und sunir shah wohl
einer _der_ wiki experts on earth.

ich kopier mal ein paar sachen hierher in die liste. just delete if not
of interest.

--

Technical differences

MeatballWiki is powered by UseModWiki software. In its early
days, Wikipedia used the same software, and so UseModWiki
heavily influenced the design of MediaWiki. You should find things
quite familiar, with a few minor differences:

    * MeatballWiki doesn't use [[double bracket linking]] (aka
FreeLinks). To make a link, you simply smash words together.
This is called CamelCase.
    * The page histories are not permenant; they are kept for about
two weeks. See KeptPages.
    * We don't exactly "log in". You can set your user name and
preferences by clicking "Preferences" along the top, but don't worry
too much about it.
    * There is no name-signing code. Simply type your name in
CamelCase.
    * There are no namespaces (like User: or Wikipedia:) or
subpages.
    * Anyone can delete a page, but it doesn't happen right away.
See PageDeletion.

See TextFormattingRules for details on the wiki syntax, and use
the SandBox to practice.

Cultural differences

    * Meatball is more interested in being a community than a
resource.
    * MeatballWiki is not an encyclopedia; there's no
NeutralPointOfView here! See the StyleGuide for writing guidelines.
    * Back and forth discussions (ThreadMode) are fine on almost
any page, but these will likely be refactored into DocumentMode at
some point in the future.
    * We don't add the date to comments. MeatballWiki exists in
the WikiNow.
    * UseRealNames, or PostAnonymously; don't use a PenName.
We have our reasons (see WhyUseRealNames), but the wild
UseRealNamesDiscussion continues...
    * To "register" your user name, simply create a personal page
for yourself.

--

yeah, CamelCase :) - das ist wohl die unsichtbare hand in einem
wiki. ja ok, ich kann auch AltGr und die 8 drücken, aber das ist ein

Kontakt: projekt oekonux.de