Message 00063 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[mox] Re: Fwd:[ox-en] Fwd: [hostmaster nic.uk: oekonux.org.uk ACCEPTED]

Hi Stefan

On Thu 15-Jan-2004 at 05:25:27PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Stefan Merten
wrote:

First of all: Thanks, Chris :-) .

No problem :-)

He used the same entries as for `oekonux.org' so the
e.V. now has another domain under its control.

Yes, you can lookup the detailes by putting
'oekonux.org.uk' in the whois tool at the bottom left on
this page:

  http://www.nic.uk/

As far as I can see this is without additional cost as
Chris is ready to pay the (small) amount (5 pounds a
year if I understood correctly, i.e. ~7EUR). Of course
we can change that at any time.

That's right.

As far as I understood the good thing is that Chris
hosts all domains `*.oekonux.org.uk' on his own personal
server.

Also it is easy to set up sub-domains and these can be
pointed anywhere :-)

This enables us to have certain services like lots of
web space (for audio files)

This is now up:

  http://audio.oekonux.org.uk/

and an easy Wiki Chris is ready to set up for Oekonux.

This will happen soon, I got 1/2 way through installing
TWiki but I have changed my mind and I'll install
MediaWiki now -- if it's good enough for the Wikipedia
it's good enough for Oekonux :-)

Chris

--
Free Software may be the foundation of a new economy
http://www.oekonux.org/

http://www.oekonux.de/projekt/verein

[English translation]
Message 00063 [Homepage] [Navigation]