Re: [ox] grundsicherung - word translation?

liste oekonux.de schreibt:
Can any kind soul give me an english equivalent
for the word 'grundsicherung'? I thought I understood
but am getting more and more confused....

well the confusion is in the matter

one could say "basic income" or one could say
"basic jobless income" or one could say ...

this is the monetary meaning.

a broader sense is "basic provision", which means
that "Grundsicherung" is policy providing the
means of subsistence for everyone. But subsistence is not
neccessarily monetary.

Franz