[ox] Re: [ox-en] goal of oekonux, theory vs. practice, the new social movements and the left

Hi Graham and lists!

Graham: Works good this discussion on both lists simultaneously :-) .

3 days ago Graham Seaman wrote:
There is a third possibility - people on the lists have practical
activities elsewhere, and see the oekonux lists as one place among others
to consolidate ideas about these activities. That is, the lists might be
purely theoretical, but all the people could be activists at the same
time. My impression is that this is largely true, at least for the english
list.

I totally agree with you and I think this is not much different for
the German list. Actually today I think this is how networks should
be: Independent projects where the *members* create the links between
one project and another. Then it is in anyones personal discretion
what to link with and what to avoid. Much better than the old model
of coalitions between organizations.

Personally, I would love to be at the ASF and Oekonux Conference
simultaneously,

Why? Is it because you are interested in both events and this is a
nice opportunity to save time and money - which I find a completely
legitimate reason on a personal basis - or do you think an Oekonux
conference could have a substantial gain from such a setup it could by
no means have in Vienna in a university? After all you have been to
both Oekonux conferences so you really know what you are talking
about.

[I believe there may be a speaker from Hipatia at the ASF - Vicente, do
you know if JuanCarlo or Diego is going?]

This would be a nice opportunity to lower costs because only one
flight from South America(?) needs to be paid then.

						Mit Freien Grüßen

						Stefan